The school has achieved the Healthy Schools award, Activemark, Inclusion Now award, Basic Skills Quality Mark and is now a National Support School.
Investors in Pupils.
Well done everybody! We achieved the Investors In Pupils Award! The assessor was very impressed with the children at Glasshoughton Infant School. A big thank you to all the parents, staff, governors and most importantly – the children. What is Investors in Pupils?
Schools play an important role in supporting the health and wellbeing of children and young people.
The Healthy Schools toolkit is designed to help schools to ‘plan, do and review’ health and wellbeing improvements for their children and young people and to identify and select activities and interventions effectively. This approach will ensure schools put in place the most appropriate services and meet the needs of children and young people.
Sport England is focused on helping people and communities across the country create a sporting habit for life
- Help more people have a sporting habit for life
- Create more opportunities for young people to play sport
- Nurture and develop talent
- Provide the right facilities in the right places
- Support local authorities and unlock local funding
- Ensure real opportunities for communities
We have been awarded the Quality Mark from The Basic Skills Agency.
The Primary Quality Mark 10 Elements are: -
- A whole school strategy and planning to improve performance in basic skills
- An analysis of the assessment of pupil performance in basic skills
- Target setting for the improvement of the school's performance in basic skills
- Basic skills improvement planning for pupils under-attaining and/or under-achieving
- Regular review of the progress made by pupils under-attaining and/or under-achieving in basic skills
- A commitment to improving the skills of staff to teach and extend basic skills
- The use of a range of teaching approaches and learning styles to improve basic skills
- The use of appropriate teaching and learning materials to improve basic skills
- The involvement of parents and carers in developing their child's basic skills
- An effective procedure for monitoring planning and assessing improvement in performance in basic skills
Activemark and Activemark Gold is an accreditation scheme for the primary sector that recognises and rewards a school for its commitment to promoting the benefits of physical activity and offering good physical activity provision. The programme provides schools with a thorough auditing and development tool to help raise the standard of physical activity provision
Mrs Townend, Executive Headteacher has been appointed to the role of National Leader of Education (NLE) and Glasshoughton Infant Academy has been selected for a top role in supporting schools in challenging circumstances. NLEs along with staff in their school - designated a National Support School - use their success and professionalism to provide additional leadership capability in other schools. Many NLEs/NSSs report improved exam results at the schools they support, as well as their own.