Glasshoughton Infant Academy Vision, Mission Statement and Aims
At Glasshoughton Infant Academy our vision is for all children to strive for academic, creative, sporting and personal accomplishment through outstanding teaching and learning. We endeavour for all children to leave Glasshoughton Infant Academy as independent learners with self-belief and respect for all. We aim to instil a love for learning where everyone is challenged and encouraged to thrive and achieve as individuals, preparing them for their role as caring and active citizens.
Our school moto:
Everyone deserves the best, everyone deserves respect.
At Glasshoughton Infant Academy children come first and our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing rich and truly enjoyable learning experiences for our community of children. Everything we do as a school is to ensure that the children achieve their very best. We are deeply aware that children only get one chance at their education and it is our job to ensure that they all reach for the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
Our aims provide a cohesive approach to learning through spiritual, social, moral, emotional, cultural, academic and physical development; ensuring they have the resilience to be life-long learners, make positive contributions to society locally, nationally and internationally.
We aim for children to be:
- respectful and understanding of others
- able to form happy and successful relationships with adults and children
- a young person who has high aspirations to achieve the best by developing high expectations and a strong sense of self-esteem to fulfill their potential
- literate and good communicators
- able to use numbers and ICT effectively
- a young person who has a strong sense of well-being, where they are able to lead a safe and fulfilling life
- Confident, independent, self-assured learners who are well equipped to make the make the right choice
Reviewed by A Walker September 2017